About this course
You will be able to quickly explore and analyze raw data while revealing powerful insights and trends in the data.
This course will give you a deep understanding of Excel Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts beside other data analysis tools. It will show you when, why, and how to use Pivot Tables, introduce advanced sorting, filtering, and calculation tools, and guide you through interactive exercises every step of the way.
This course is designed for Intermediate Excel users who are familiar with the application but need to learn about data analysis. It will help them optimize their worksheet usage. This course willl be helpful for those who need to improve their skills in areas such as data analysis, statistics, pivot tables and charts.
If you work in HR, Finance, M&E or any function that has to sift through long excel sheets for specific data or needs to make insights of gathered information, this course will be useful for you.
You will need to bring your laptop to the training pre-installed with MS-Excel.
Course Language :
Explanation lecture in Arabic and materials in English)
What you'll learn
By the end of this seminar you will be able to:
- Understand Raw data structure
- Understand Table layouts & styles
- Understand Design & formatting options
- Work with Sorting, filtering, & grouping tools
- Work with Calculated fields, items & values
- Work with Pivot Charts, slicers & timelines
- Create Interactive dashboards
The outline of this course is as follows:
Overview of Excel
- Excel tables and charts.
- Table filters, sort and totals.
- Using calculations to update data.
Overview of Data analysis
- Data analysis introduction
- Mean, Median and Mode
- Standard Deviation and Variance
- Create our first pivot table.
- Create our first dashboard.
Advanced Data analysis
- Data sets
- Relationships between data sets
- Summarizing Data: Using Histograms
- Descriptive statistics
- Summarizing Data: Using Descriptive Statistics.
- Create timelines
- Create hierarchies
- Create slicers
- Modeling Exponential Growth
- Summarizing relationships: using visualization
Effort8:45 am - 4:00 pm
Fees$ 275/person [This price includes two coffee breaks plus lunch throughout the training period]
SubjectData Analysis and visualization.
Start AtWed., Oct., 30th, 2019
End AtThu., Oct., 31st, 2019